Pre-auction SHOULD READ
This work, which Purnima Malhotra and Vijay Tagore collaborated on, ought to get you excited for the WPL audition. They explain why the women’s game has already made a quantum leap thanks to this new auction.
Rules and Information for Auction
– 409 players will be auctioned off (pruned from 1525 player registrations). 246 of the 409 players are Indian, and the remaining 163 are from other countries. There are 199 uncapped players, and 8 are from associate countries.
– A total of 90 seats are available for filling, 30 of which are reserved for players from abroad.
– Each team gets a budget of 12 crores Indian rupees to use. At the auction table, they must pay a minimum of INR 9 crores.
– Each squad needs a 15 minimum and 18 maximum members. Additionally, there is a limit of six foreign players per side.
The auction’s players will be divided into groups based on their areas of expertise: marquee players, batsmen, all-rounders, wicketkeepers, fast bowlers, spin bowlers, and emerging players.
– There are five alternative base price slabs for the players in the auction register: INR 50 lakh, INR 40 lakh, INR 30 lakh, INR 20 lakh, and INR 10 lakh.
-Harmanpreet Kaur, Smriti Mandhana, Deepti Sharma, Shafali Verma, Ellyse Perry, Sophie Ecclestone, Sophie Devine, and Deandra Dottin are among the 24 players in the highest slab of base price (INR 50 lakh).
The increments for bidding will be as follows:\
– increments up to bids of INR 1 crore of 5 lakh INR
– increments of INR 10 lakh between bids of INR 1 crore and INR 2 crore
– increments of INR 20 lakh between bids of INR 2 crore and INR 3 crore
– starting at bids of INR 3 crore, increments may be made at the auctioneer’s discretion, but not to a minimum of INR 20 lakh.
During the auction, the BCCI will also offer strategic breaks every hour.
Time to study history
The date February 13, 2023 will go down in history as a significant turning point for women’s cricket. That much is true. In the future, we could look back on this day as one of the many stepping stones that helped women’s cricket take off.
It’s Before they take the field next month, the five teams Mumbai Indians, Delhi Capitals, Royal Challengers Bangalore, UP Warriorz, and Gujarat Giants will engage in a bidding war at the Jasmine Hall in the JIO World Convention Centre in Mumbai to secure the services of the best players in the women’s game. This will be the first auction day in the Women’s Premier League (WPL).
Alyssa Healy or Smriti Mandhana? Marisa Kapp or Nat Sciver? Who will win the most money bid? Here, both the penny and the hammer fall.
Thank you for visiting the live blog for the first WPL auction. Buckle up for all the latest information…